Saturday, January 16, 2010

Getting Everything Ready

So I have made the decision to start my own solo practice. As an attorney I always knew I would start my own practice but this is just a bit sooner than I had planned. I just passed the BAR and had hoped to get a few years of experience first, but jobs are hard to find so it bumped my schedule up a little.

I live in the Santa Cruz and I have decided to focus my practice on family law. It is odd that I never wanted to practice family law after seeing how devestating the outcomes can be. The reasons I wanted to avoid family law are now the reasons I want to practice it. Seeing people go through divorce without an attorney or with an attorney that poorly prepared them for the real life effects of divorce made me want to try and offer a more complete service to my clients.

I will create posts about the choices I have made from choosing an office and setting up procedure and marketing. The business aspects and marketing are more intimidating to me right now that being an attorney, but the more I have read and prepared the more confident I have gotten. There are so many good books and online resources to help attorneys open their own office that I feel I am taking the right steps to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment