Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Advertising

This topic has been a thorn in my side. Advertising is so expensive and online advertising works on a bidding system that makes it impossible for me to compete with established attorneys. To this point I have limited my advertising to a couple classified ads and Craigslist. I have looked into Googles keyword advertising but the pay per click is so expensive for attorneys I do not have a choice but to just work my website until it searches better.

The website has been confusing. On yahoo search we are first page for Santa Cruz family law attorney and Santa Cruz divorce attorney. Somehow with Google I keep flipping between page 13 and 14. I keep working on my links and blogging to try and get rank, but it is being slow. I will be introducing a video and article portion to my website to create more material and keep changes coming. It should add a lot of extra pages of keyword heavy content and the regular changes will hopefully move us up.

March is the deadline for Yellowpage's phonebook listing so I am guessing that will be inevitable. I am not sure just generic listings are going to be effective advertising, but until I can figure out something more creative it will have to work for now. I am reading about firms who have done really great creative advertising that brought in a lot of new customers. I will have to make a point of sitting down and trying to create some original advertising methods.

I will post about what advertising proves to be effective I use some trial and error.

No comments:

Post a Comment