Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Starting to Meet People

So I have started my intial process of getting out to meet people and pass out business cards. I have joined two local Chamber of Commerces. I have attended one mixer which was exciting, scary and fun. It was fun to meet a few faces I see running local business. I have to admit I was surprised to see the guy from the Hardware store I visit regularly was VP of the chamber. I have another Chamber mixer tomorrow evening so I am hoping that goes as well. It is challenging walking into a place where you do not know anybody and trying to make frinds with everybody you see.

I am also going to join the PTA group for my kiddos school. To some extent I feel guilty joining now when I could have joined at any time the last few years, but if I am going to volunteer to get myuelf out there I am going to do something important to me. It has to be one of the greatest schools ever and there is a tremendous amount of parent involvement so I am hoping it helps out in the long run.

I amm also taking a pro bono case helping two non-profits locally reach an agreement. This feels good to do and it should get me in front of alot of people in the community. I think I am choosing well. I have made an effort to focus on this like my kids school and local non-profits as an avenue to promote myself.

I am sure other ideas will come up. AT the moment I cannot get past the idea of joining a softball league. I just really want to and it would probably be a great way to meet more people. If I can talk my wife into it a co-ed league would be a blast. She grew up playing baseball and if she let go enough she would have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment