Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Struggles in the Beginning

So I was warned and read to have realistic expectations the first few months. It does not make it easier to sit in the office for a few days without the phone ringing. I did not expect to have clients come running in and I knew this is what the reality of it would be, but it is hard to deal with.

I have been opened now for 23 days. I have had 2 potential clients call and actually did some work for one of them. Minor stuff but it was really good to get some work. Now I am waiting for more phone calls. Some of the excitement has settled away and now the anxiety of waiting is kicking in. My wife and I have invested what we have to get this going and I feel alot of pressure to make it start working now.

I understand this is part of starting my own firm as an attorney, but it is easy to feel a little defeated. I have my office set up and we are advertising a little and working on the website SEO. I will keep putting in the leg work and I am sure things will start to pay off. As work starts to come in I will address this issue again, but starting out this is an incredibly important issue to make peace with.

No comments:

Post a Comment